Wednesday, June 20, 2007

family

Today I have two stories.
They happened two years ago, when I was working in the hospital as a nursing student, I met two old lady. Their common characters were old and sick. One of them was rich, another one was poor. Later both of them were died.

The rich lady had a big family. Everyday all of her children and grandchildren came to visit her, and they always made the wall dirty and noisy. Those children or grandchildren always tried to talk to her. So it was easy to say that she's very happy. Was it true? I'm sorry to say no. I never saw her smile. Later I found a chance and talked with her, then I knew the truth. She had a large sum of inheritance after she passed away. All of her children and grandchildren wanted to get it, that's why they came to the wall everyday, and poured out their complaints before her, which made her worried a lot about her children and angryed that they could't help each other. She's unhappiness. At last, she donated all money to the Red Cross and passed away.

The poor lady had two children and one grandchild. They came to visit her one by one because they needed to work and hadn't got lots of time to stay with her. However, she's always happy. When her grandchild came, she sang songs or talked stories to her. When her children came, they brought her favourit food to her. She never felt lonely even she hadn't got many inheritance to them. After a few months, she passed away. Her family said they were sad without regret because she was the happiest lady in the world.

If you have chance, which kind of family will you want to have?

1 comment:

Melvin Huynh said...

Your story make me emotional. I'm very sorry with two lady in that case.I fell sorry for the lady in the first story, for she couldn't have the last happiness before he passed away.In fact, there are many rich families but their relationship is good.Family members still help and console each other. To me,I still like to live in rich family but I don't need my parents's property, only need their love.